COP27: How a Circular Economy Can Support the Clean Energy Transition
This session aims to mobilize collaborative actions on circular strategies which are most relevant to support a sustainable clean energy transition, by helping to relieve mineral supply pressure, increasing supply chain resilience, preventing new waste challenges and advance decent work in reverse supply chains. It will:
- - Raise awareness on how circular economy can support a sustainable clean energy transition.
- - Share perspectives from public, private, and civil society sectors on what it takes to incorporate circular economy into the solar power and battery value chains, what roles different actors can play, and where collaborative actions are needed.
- - Discuss how integrating circularity into clean energy may enable a more just transition.
- - Announce the participants plans to set up a collaborative initiative on circular economy in clean energy.
Moderator: Ramona Liberoff, Executive Director, PACE
- Ron Benioff, International Program Manager, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Luca Meini, Head of Sustainability Initiatives and Circular Economy, ENEL
- Jennifer Layke, Global Director Energy, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Mike Hemsley (Deputy Director), Energy Transitions Commission (ETC)