Full Circle Textiles Project
PACE Partners Fashion for Good and Laudes Foundation are contributing to the following Calls to Action from the Circular Economy Action Agenda for Textiles
3. Encourage the market to use less clothing, and for longer
8. Make the recycled fibers market competitive
10. Investigate the socio-economic impacts for a circular economy for textiles
The Fashion for Good initiated Full Circle Textiles Project brings together a consortium of key industry stakeholders to demonstrate the viability of innovative technologies and enable these solutions to scale. The project addresses two clear problems:
(1) Reducing the amount of textiles going to waste
(2) Alleviating the resource strain on virgin materials through the recycling of used textiles.
Objectives for 2021
Following the innovators comparative assessment phase in 2020, the second phase of the Full Circle Textiles Project moves from assessment to implementation, by inviting selected innovators to produce cellulosic output from waste textiles that will be processed into fibres, yarns and eventually end garments by December 2021. At the end of the project, key learnings will be published to be utilised and shared across the industry and with consumers alike. While the project will be formally concluded at that point, the aspiration is for these learnings to be adopted diffusely to accelerate the scaling of the technology, which would facilitate the connection to post-project financiers, and the offtake discussions with brands.
Fashion for Good, Laudes Foundation (PACE Partners)
Kering, PVH Corp, Target, Birla Cellulose